Dubai is a perfect location to learn kite surfing due to its year-round warm weather, consistent wind, and beautiful beaches. Kite surfing in Dubai is a thrilling and exciting experience that offers beautiful views of the city skyline and the Arabian Gulf. If you are a beginner who wants to learn kite surfing, here some tips:
- Choose a Kite Surfing School: The first step is to find a reputable kite surfing school in Dubai. There are several schools that offer kite surfing lessons for beginners. You can do some research online, read reviews and ask for recommendations from friends or local kite surfers. Our favorite is KSD: https://kitesurf.ae Ask for Xavier or Arvey, two of the best instructors in Dubai!
- Get the Right Gear: Before you start your kite surfing lessons, you will need to get the right gear. This includes a kite, board, harness, and wetsuit. Most kite surfing schools provide the necessary equipment, but you can also buy or rent your own.
- Learn the Basics: Your kite surfing lessons will typically start with learning the basics. This includes learning how to set up the kite, how to control it, and how to launch and land it safely. You will also learn how to body drag in the water and how to get up on the board.
- Practice on Land: Once you have learned the basics, you will practice on land before getting into the water. This will help you get comfortable with the kite and board before trying it in the water.
- Practice in Shallow Water: When you are ready to hit the water, you will start in shallow water where you can stand. This will help you get used to the board and kite in the water and learn how to control it.
- Progress to Deep Water: Once you are comfortable in shallow water, you can progress to deeper water. Here, you will learn how to ride the waves and navigate around obstacles.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: Kite surfing takes time and practice to master. It's important to practice regularly and to continue taking lessons as you progress.
In addition to these basic steps, there are a few other things to keep in mind when learning kite surfing in Dubai:
- Always kite surf in designated areas to avoid accidents and to stay safe.
- Be aware of the weather conditions, including wind speed and direction, as this can affect your ability to kite surf.
- Make sure to wear proper safety gear, including a helmet and life vest.
- Respect other kite surfers and water users by following the rules and etiquette of the sport.
With these tips and a bit of practice, you'll be well on your way to becoming a confident kite surfer in Dubai!